- Ricart-Huguet, Joan. 2019. “Who Governs? Colonial Education and Regional Political Inequality in Africa” (under review)
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan. 2019. “The Origins of Colonial Investments in Former British and French Africa” (under review)
- McAlexander, Rick and Joan Ricart-Huguet. 2019. “State Disengagement: Evidence from Former French West Africa” (under review)
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan and Betsy Levy Paluck. 2019. “When the Sorting Hat Sorts Randomly: A Natural Experiment on Culture” (under review)
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan. 2019. "Why Do Different Cultures Emerge and Persist in a Shared Institutional Environment? Learning from a Natural Experiment at Makerere University"
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan. 2019. The Historical Turn in the Comparative Study of Political Elites. Newsletter of the APSA Comparative Politics Section (forthcoming).
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan. 2019. Democracy and development in Africa since the 1960s. In: Ewout Frankema, Ellen Hillbom and Felix Meier zu Selhausen (eds.), The History of African Development, African Economic History Network (AEHN).
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan, and Elliott Green. 2018. “Taking It Personally: The Effect of Ethnic Attachment on Preferences for Regionalism” Studies in Comparative International Development 53 (1) : 67-89.
- Weinreb, Jason, and Joan Ricart-Huguet. 2014. “A correction to Potters and van Winden (1992)” Public Choice 159 (1) : 23–26.
- Ricart-Huguet, Joan. 2013. “Decentralization and Popular Democracy: Governance from Below in Bolivia. By Jean-Paul Faguet” Journal of Politics 75 (4) : E39. (book review)